Choosing Your Child’s Health Insurance Plan
by the experts at The Children’s Hospital – Denver
Children Have Special Healthcare Needs
· Children are not small adults.
· Anatomically, children are different and therefore they have different healthcare needs from those of adults.
· Compared to adults, children suffer from more acute than chronic conditions.
· Children go through rapid changes physically, functionally, socially, emotionally and intellectually as they grow.
· Children’s organs, bones and immunologic systems all go through different developmental stages before reaching maturity.
· Due to a limited ability to communicate, diagnosing and treating some illnesses in children may be more difficult and time consuming.
· Children require greater emotional support in coping with an illness.Scroll Up